All great character concepts have a beginning, and an artist's sketchbook is often where their inception can be found.
In Sketching from the Imagination: Characters, fifty exceptional traditional and digital artists have been chosen to share their sketches. Ranging from the creations of veteran artists with years of experience to those of brilliant students and new artistic talent, this book showcases character art with an incredible range of styles, techniques, and inspirations. Featuring personal reflections and creative insights from each artist, and hundreds of lavishly presented images, Sketching from the Imagination: Characters is a perfect book for any lover of sketching or character design, whatever the genre or medium.
Softback 320 pages
Dimensions: 210mm x 230mm
Paper quality: Full colour premium paper pages
The 50 Featured Artists
de Haan, Luc
Tan, Zhi Hui
“This book is a testament to the fun there is in committing ideas, characters, and stories to paper, and the tremendous skill with which the artists in this tome do so is a treat to the eye”
Even Mehl Amundsen
Freelance concept artist
- Incredible value, brilliant series. Review by Rian
- Huge art dose! Review by Reza
- Great variety of styles Review by Ene
(Posted on 11/03/2017)
- another great book in the series Review by kevin
- Inspiring Read! Review by Joe
- Inspiration Everywhere Review by Alexander
- Style Variety Review by Lauren
- Excelent! Review by Victor M.
- Fully recommended Review by Megan
- Wish I had discovered these books sooner! Review by Joe
- More than your money's worth Review by Ben
- Perfect! Review by Brooke
- Great Review by Andrea
- Excellent Review by Silvio
See the sketches of other designers is very important to me, to be able to learn new things and improve myself.
The volume is done really well, a perfect combination of text and images, and the images appear to be bright thanks to high quality printing and excellent paper that compose the tome.
Really recommended book. (Posted on 27/02/2017)
- Great compilation of artists Review by Tere T.
(Posted on 27/02/2017)
- Fantastic Product Review by Sergio
i can't whait to have it in my hands and start study every single page.
Al the 3D Total books are made of great material, print and informations quality.
Thank you guys.
Keep the good work.
(Posted on 27/02/2017)
- Rich in Content Review by Ben
Write a Review
Sorry, you must be logged in to write a review.
Please Log In Now
For a preview of this book, simply click and drag the pages of the book below.
The colors in this preview do not accurately represent the colors in the printed publication.